Our free sausage-dog templates will help you make this on-trend dachshund card for the animal lovers in your live. Perfect for birthday cards, Christmas cards and more! Simply add a sentiment to suit your occasion.
Love this design? Take a look at more Christmas card ideas using our free downloads!
Find more ideas and step-by-step guides in our ‘How to…‘ section, too.
You will need
- A basic card kit and free templates, plus
- Kaisercraft 12x12in paper pack and die-cut collection – Christmas Wishes, from Merly Impressions
- Seam binding – Lady Lavender Purple, from The Ribbon Girl
- Rhinestone Sparklers – Paradise Aurora and Crystal, from The Hobby House
- Stickles glitter glue – Cinnamon, from Honey Doo Crafts
- Natural cork sheets, from Craftasmic
- Tonic Studio dies – Mixed Scallop & Straight Cut Rectangle layering set, from Samuel Taylors
- Kraft, silver mirri, silver and gold glitter, brown and pink card
- Red glitter
- Coloured pens
- Small red/white jingle bells
How to make a cute dachshund card
Step 1: Print the dachshund template onto brown card and cut it out. If your printer isn’t suited to taking card, print the design on regular paper, cut out, and use this as a template.
Step 2: Print out or trace around the ear template on a lighter-coloured card or patterned paper, for contrast. Cut it out and glue to the head, then add a flat-backed gem as an eye.
Step 3: Twist a length of purple seam binding between your fingers to soften and crumple it, then use it to tie a bow around the dog’s neck. Add Stickles glitter glue to the feet and tail.
Step 4: Trace the sleigh runner template onto the non- shiny (reverse) side of a sheet of silver mirror card and cut around the outline. Add sticky foam pads for dimension when you fix it onto the card.
Step 5: To create the gift boxes, cut out a variety of squares and rectangles from coloured, mirror, and glitter card. For texture, wrap them with twine, ribbon and strips of paper ‘ribbon’.
Step 6: Mat your card with green patterned paper, leaving a small border around the edge, then cut a smaller square of white patterned paper. Remove the corners with a small circle punch.
Step 7: Layer up all the elements – add the dog to the sled runner, pile up gifts on sticky foam pads, embellish with gems, buttons and a ribbon across the front. Add two sentiments to finish.