The animal lovers among your friends and family will adore these cute dog card ideas!
From pugs, French bulldogs, Dalmatians, Labradors and more, man’s best friend comes in all shapes and sizes, and we’ve got plenty of designs featuring a variety of canines – so pick your favourite and get crafting!
Plus, 2018 is the Year of the Dog in the Chinese calendar, so what better time to craft handmade cards with dogs?
Love these designs? Take a look at more cute cards and free downloads!
- Doodle dog free printables
- Dog, cat and peacock free printables
- How to make a dachshund card with our free templates
- Rabbit garden free printables
- Best bird card ideas using our free downloads
- Cat and panda hot-air balloon free printables
- Sweet sheep and elephants free printables
- Fox-shaped gift box free template
- Fox, owl and squirrel autumn free papers
- Squirrel card free templates
- Whale and seahorse nautical free printables
- Safari free printables
- Bunny and chick Easter free printables
- Cute wintry animals free papers
- Chinese New Year card ideas
Basic card kit, plus:
- Papermania die-cut sentiments & craft tape – Paws for Thought
- Presscut nesting die set – Hearts
- Lawn Cuts die set – Stitched Scalloped Borders
- Beige & white card
- Adhesive gems
- Baker’s twine
How to make a washi tape dog card
1. Shape the lower edge of a 14x10cm piece of beige card with a stitched scalloped border die. Attach this to an A6 card blank.
2. Trim white card to measure 13.5×9.5cm. Wrap several strips of craft tape around the white card, leaving a narrow border around each strip, as shown. Attach this panel to the card base.
3. Layer a 9.5x7cm piece of white card onto a slightly larger piece of beige card. Die cut a heart aperture from the centre. Add a beige scalloped border to the top edge of the aperture panel. Attach the panel to the centre of the card front using sticky foam pads.
4. Die cut a smaller white heart and wrap a strip of craft tape across the centre. Layer onto a slightly larger beige heart then place into the centre of the aperture on the card front. Add small beige and white hearts to the bottom left corner, as shown.
5. Affix a Dalmatian tag from the sentiment sheet, embellish the dog’s collar with gold gems then add a twine bow to the top. Add gold gems along the scalloped borders and onto the hearts to finish.
Basic card kit, plus:
- Papermania A5 paper pack – Paws for Thought
- Papermania Capsule Elements Wooden Tile Letters
- First Edition die set – Animal Themed
- Avery Elle Elle-ments die set – Dotted Borders
- Red & white card
- Red-&-white baker’s twine
- White gel pen
- Die-cutting machine
How to make a cute dog card
1. Layer a 14x10cm piece of green circle-patterned paper onto red card, leaving a narrow border. Stick this onto a top-fold A6 card base.
2. Cut a 3.5x10cm piece of green striped paper, shape the lower edge with a border die, wrap with baker’s twine tied into a bow and attach near the bottom of the card base.
3. Use a white gel pen to draw a dashed border around a 10×6.5cm piece of red card. Attach a 9.5x6cm piece of paw-print paper, cut out a Paws for Thought dog image and attach it with sticky foam pads. Adhere the panel to the right-hand side of the card base.
4. Cut two strips of red card to measure 2.5×5.5cm and another to measure 2.5×7.5cm. Trim the left edge of each piece to create a pennant shape. Add a white dashed border to the shaped edges. Attach ‘to say hi’ wooden letters to the pennants as shown, then adhere them onto the left of the card front.
5. Die cut a paw print from red card and attach it to a slightly larger circle of white card. Secure to the top right-hand corner of the card front using sticky foam pads.
Basic card kit, plus:
- First Edition 8x8in paper pack – Sweet Nothings
- Darkroom stamp – Sitting Dog
- First Edition die set – Dog Themed
- My Favorite Things Die-namics die set – Blueprints 23
How to make a dog kennel card
1. Shape a top-fold 12.5×12.5cm card blank by cutting off the top two corners.
2. Cover the front of the card blank with patterned paper, using glue or tape.
3. For the roof, use a scalloped border die to shape the bottom edge of four 1.5×13.5cm pieces of paper. Using sticky foam pads, layer each piece so they overlap slightly. Align the layered panel with the top of the card blank then use scissors to trim off the excess over the shaped corners.
4. Die cut a rosette and dog bowl then cut a door shape and affix them all onto the front of your card, using sticky foam pads. Create doodle lines around the edge of the kennel, using a black fineliner pen.
5. Finally, stamp the dog and the sentiment then cut them out, using scissors, and add them to your card with sticky foam pads.