This beautiful winter wonderland shaped card design by Debbie Simpson is one for more advanced card makers. Debbie’s more elaborate card design allows you to build up a beautiful Christmas scene – it makes us feel chilly just looking at it!
The stair step card method is a fabulous way to create a shaped card base using simple folds, and is perfect for creating a landscape or scene design. The finished project has a real wow factor with lots of dimension, but best of all it folds neatly down to fit inside a standard 6x6in envelope – ideal for keeping postage costs down.
Want more festive card ideas? Take a look at some great designs using our free Christmas printables.
White linen card, from The Papermill
Sizzix Tim Holtz Holiday Joy stamp & die set, from Sizzix
Indigo Blu Here Comes Santa stamp set, from Indigo Blu
Spellbinders Curved Borders die set, from Icon UK
Crafter’s Companion Nordic Christmas Frosty Morning embossing folder & Memento Ink London Fog, from Crafter’s Companion
Quickie glue pen
Watch the video tutorial
How to make a winter wonderland shaped card
1. Score white linen card measuring 14x28cm at 3cm, 6cm, 10cm, 14cm and 21cm. Starting at the 3cm line, score a mountain and valley (concertina) fold to create three stairs.
2. Create snowy hills by either drawing freehand curves or using the Spellbinders Curved Border die. Emboss your card using a wintry snowflake embossing folder.
3. Attach the snowy hills to the bottom and middle stair. Making sure to only put glue on the front of the stair, add sparkle with a Quickie glue pen and Glamour dust or Stickles.
4. Stamp and die-cut reindeer and tree images from the Sizzix Tim Holtz stamp and die set and fix to the middle stair. Glue Memory Box Modern Landscape die-cut to the bottom stair.
5. Trim white linen card to 14x14cm and stamp a Santa and Sleigh scene from Indigo Blu and trees and snowflakes from the Sizzix Tim Holtz stamp set. Blend ink around the edges.
6. Attach the square panel to the top stair and finish with a stamped sentiment and some adhesive gems. Your winter scene is ready to share with friends and family!