Our fantastic March issue comes with a free 86-piece stamp set, filled with sweet birds, bunting and a full alphabet for messages! We’ve got some great card ideas in the magazine to get you started – and here’s a bonus step-by-step from our guest designer, Stephanie Smith. This is a great design for using up patterned paper scraps, so dive into your stash and give it a go!
You will need:
- Square white card blank
- Assorted patterned papers
- Pale blue embroidery thread
- Pink gems
- Black fineliner pen
- Black ink pad
- Small glue dots
- Double-sided tape
- Acrylic block
- Optional: Cupcake paper punch
1. Stamp several bunting flags on different patterned papers. (You can mount a few flags on to a single acrylic block for speed.) Allow the ink to dry.
2. Stamp the letters for your greeting on to stamped bunting flags.
3. Cut out the bunting flags and arrange them in the order you want. Turn them face down, add glue to the backs and stick on the embroidery thread.
4. Now attach your bunting to the card – stick the flags in place with glue dots, then glue the thread ends and trim to neaten.
5. Cut a simple cupcake shape from scrap patterned paper (Stephanie used a cupcake punch from her stash) and doodle around the edges. Add to the top of the card and embellish with a gem.