This mechanical card is known as a double slider card and is perfect for adding an extra element of surprise!
Once your recipient pulls the tab, two secret panels pop out of each side, to reveal a special message or a favourite image.
It’s a great opportunity to be creative, and to add your own personal touches.
In order for the panels to pop out smoothly, it’s important to keep them fairly flat and free from embellishments. The front of the card can be decorated and embellished as much as you like!
Follow the steps below or watch our YouTube video tutorial to see how it’s done:
Love making interactive cards? Take a look at more of our great designs!
Basic card kit, plus
Always and Forever design papers, from Nitwit Collections
Sentiments clear stamp set – Enjoy Your Special Day, from Hobby Art
Kaisercraft Clear stamp set – Friendship, from Loobi Crafts
Heartfelt Creations Botanical Rose stamp set, Heartfelt Creations Wings dies, Spellbinders Nestabilities Romantic Rectangles dies, from IconUK
Pearl medallions, from The Hobby House
How to make a hidden sentiment slider card
1. Cut pink card to 29×14.5cm and score carefully along the long side at 9.5cm, 19cm and 28.5cm. Use a bone folder to get neat fold lines on your card, as shown.
2. Trim a cellophane bag to measure 15x6cm. Add it to your pink card base and secure the ends with double-sided tape. You can use any soft plastic to create the slider band.
3. Create a layered slider panel 14x9cm using pink card, design papers and a die-cut frame with a stamped sentiment. Stick it to the cellophane band facing downwards.
4. Make a second sentiment slider panel, this time punching a hole on the right and adding a ribbon tag. Attach it to the top of the band, facing upwards, using double-sided tape.
5. Fashion a long lip on the edge of card to go over the first panel, then glue it firmly in place using some double-sided tape. Use the small lip as a tab to secure the back of the card.
6. Create an embellished panel for the card front topped with a cluster of pretty papers, a stamped sentiment and some 3D flowers with curled petals and pearl medallion centres.
If you’ve enjoyed this project, you can find more great ideas on our Pinterest boards:
Visit Papercraft inspirations’s profile on Pinterest.