Transform a plain white pre-made gift bag using this adorable mini doily die and some fabulous bright colourful design papers – perfect for a special occasion.
Designer Debbie Simpson says, “Shape and layer the doily die-cuts to create a beautiful flower centre piece, then finish with a few of your favourite decorative embellishments.”
What you’ll need
- First Edition 6x6in paper pack – Pick ‘N’ Mix from Hobbycraft
- Xcut die – Mini Doily from Hobbycraft
- Gift bag from Hobbycraft
- Martha Stewart punch – Eyelet Lace from Amazon
- Pearl brads
- Embossing tool
- Die-cutting machine
How to make your doily gift bag step-by-step
1. Die-cut four of the mini doilies – two from the same design paper and two from complementary design papers.
2. Thread three onto some twine. Shape the last one using a large size ball tool and a rubber mat or the palm of your hand. Add a brad to the centre then layer on top of the middle doily to create a flower.
3. Create a doily inspired mat and layered panel using Martha Stewart punch. Wrap the string of doilies around layered panel and attach to the front of the pre-made gift bag. Decorate with a few of your favourite embellishments to finish.