Peter Hughes, from Sizzix, introduces this project:
“Welcome to the Sizzix segment of the Blog Party! Wasn’t sure whether I should bring a bottle or not? We love Christmas here at Sizzix, none more than my good self as it just happens to be my birthday slap, bang on the 25th so I’m in the Christmas party mood all year round.
“Today I’m featuring dies from a great designer by the name of Brenda Walton. Her ranges never fail to inspire and the Holiday Greenery die I’ve chosen to create the garland has no fewer than eleven separate elements to choose from. Even though the die comes from a Christmas themed collection most of the elements can be used all year round which makes it great value for money.”
- Sizzix Big Shot Starter Kit (658300)
- Sizzix Large Sizzlits Die – Holiday Greenery (658731)
- Patterned card by My Mind’s Eye (Lost & Found 3 Collection)
- Assorted adhesive gems & Pearls
- Old Paper Distress Ink pad & Applicator
- Striped Ribbon
How to make the wreath:
1. I started by creating the base for the garland by drawing round a dinner plate and a side plate onto mount board before cutting around the circles.
2. Next I die cut all the elements on the die several times from my chosen colours before lightly inking the edges using the Old Paper Distress Ink pad and applicator.
3. Before attaching the leaves and flowers, I gently curled each one using the back of a pair of tweezers to give added dimension.
4. Next, I added the individual die cuts to the mount board ring attaching with PVA glue. Once in place I decorated the centre of the flowers using assorted adhesive gems and pearls before adding a length of ribbon tied in a bow to the top of the garland using a hot glue gun.
The gorgeous wreath above were all made using the Big Shot and Holiday Greenery die and you can get more project ideas here! Simply sign up to the Sizzix email newsletter and get the FREE project sheets!