Claire Brudenell from Trimcraft introduces our next project:
“It’s a good job we love Christmas at Trimcraft, we spend around 11 months of the year working on our Christmas ranges. From initial artwork, designing, quality checking and marketing we spend most of the year to ensure our Christmas ranges are just right.
I personally love Christmas, such a lovely time for friends and family. Dressing the house is a favourite pastime that starts as soon as it turns December but as soon as it turns cold, I get to thinking about all the lovely festive craft projects that need making.
These 3D angels are perfect for Christmas and can be used on top of the Christmas tree, as place settings or as ornaments. I have used the First Edition Silent Night pad to make the Angels, a beautiful paper pad featuring foil designs and glitter textured surfaces, it’s a real treat for the eyes.”
To make our 3D angels you will need:
Trimcraft Angel Template:
Click here to download: Xmas Angel Template
First Edition 12×12 paper pad
Dovecraft Craft Knife
Dovecraft Double-sided tape
Stockist: The Range
How to make the angel:
1. Cut out all the elements of your template, place the templates on the back of your chosen papers and draw round, then cut out. I like to use different papers on each section to give it a shabby chic feel.
2. Cut out all the elements from the template. Start with the body, curl the half circle gently into a cone, when happy, and stick the cone down with double-sided tape. With the body facing you carefully run your knife sideways across the top of the cone to create the slot for the head, about 5mm should do it.
3. Cut out the circle for the head and the halo, glue the halo to the top of the head and insert the head into the slot on the body you have just created, you can add a touch of glue if you want it to hold permanently.
4. Take the wings and gently bend backwards to give them a slight curve, glue them one on top of each other at the back.
5. Cut out the heart and stamp with your sentiment, allow to dry, I added a touch of glitter around the edge of my heart to make it stand out.
6. Score the arms where shown and glue to the body of the angel with the curve at the top, and the fold facing inwards, glue the heart onto the folded part of the arm.
And there you have a charming Christmas angel to display in your home over the festive period, you can personalise it how you like with glitter, gems or ribbon to make it extra special.